To enable Facebook sharing, you will need to enter your Facebook App ID. To get one of those, please carefully follow the guide below. I really wish it were simple, but unfortunately it's a 14-step process. It should be quick though, so no worries!
CREATE A FACEBOOK APP ID:
- Head over to https://developers.facebook.com/apps/
- Log into your Facebook account if you aren't already.
Note: If you don't have a Facebook account, you will need to create one. A "fake" account is fine.
- Once logged in, click the green "Add a New App" button in the upper right.
- Enter a "Display Name" for this app. It can be the name of your website, or just simply "App for Cooked Pro".
Note: that you cannot use certain words like "face" or "facebook" in your app name.
- Enter a contact email. Any valid email will work. Fill out the captcha form if it shows up.
- Your App is now created! If you look in the upper left area to the right of the navigation, you should see your new App ID.
- Before you can use this new ID, click on "Settings" in the navigation on the left.
- You will see a field labeled "App Domains". In this field type out the domain of the site that you're using Cooked on. No need for the "http" or anything, just a simple "website.com" will do. Type that out and hit return/enter.
- Now you will need to add the website platform to this app. Below the settings, you will see a big "+ Add Platform" button. Click that.
- Now click "Website".
- Now enter the full domain of your website.
Note: This field only accepts a single domain.
- Save these settings.
- Now copy the App ID from Facebook into your Cooked Settings screen where it asks for it.
- You can now test the Facebook sharing button on your website. It should work!