Migrating from Cooked Classic
Cooked Pro has replaced Cooked Classic (from CodeCanyon), so you will want to get the upgrade if you want to keep getting updates and bug fixes. This guide will help you get it installed.
GET A COOKED PRO LICENSE:
- The new standard version of Cooked is now free, available on WordPress.org: https://wordpress.org/plugins/cooked/
- Download that and then head over to https://cooked.pro/get-cooked/
- Click the "Purchase" button under the "PRO" table. This will redirect you to the checkout screen to get your Cooked Pro license.
- Be sure to use the code "ENVATO15" for a 15% discount on your license purchase.
INSTALL COOKED PRO:
- Head over to your website and deactivate the old Cooked Classic plugin.
- Now delete the Cooked Classic plugin.
- You will see the "Recipes" section on the left disappear but rest assured; your recipes are still there!
- Now you can install the new free version of Cooked you downloaded from WordPress.org.
- Once installed and activated, you can now install the Cooked Pro plugin.
- Install and activate Cooked Pro.
- You should see a message to enter your license code. Do that now by clicking the link in that message, or by going to Recipes > Settings and then to the License tab.
- Your license should have been emailed to you when you "purchased" it from the store.
- If you did not get a license emailed, let me know.
- You're all set, now you can go through the Cooked Documentation to get things all set up.
- Your recipes will all still be there, but the template system has completely changed to a shortcode-based system. Please read the documentation on that here: http://docs.cooked.pro/article/14-create-a-recipe
- You should head over to the Recipes > Settings screen, and then to the Migration tab (if you see it there). This will allow you to fully migrate your Cooked Classic recipes to the new version of Cooked. It is highly recommended that you do this to avoid issues now and in the future.
If you have any more questions regarding this transition, please shoot me an email and let me know. Thanks!