Elementor Recipe Template
Elementor is such a great plugin for building out custom page and post templates, wouldn't it be great if you could use Elementor to create a beautiful and custom recipe template? Well, you can! Here's a guide on how to do just that.
Note: This guide assumes that you have both Elementor and Elementor Pro installed and know how to use it. More information on Elementor an Elementor Pro here: https://elementor.com
STEP 1: Create an Elementor Template
- Head over to Elementor > Templates. Click Add New at the top.
- Choose "Single" as the type and then choose "Recipe" as the post type. give this template a name. "Recipe Template" works well. Click Create Template.
- This will jump you into the Elementor Editor where you can build out your recipe template.
- Close the popup window that may appear here (click the x in the upper right).
- Keep in mind that you will need to use the Cooked Recipe Template shortcodes to build this template out: https://docs.cooked.pro/article/15-template-shortcodes
- Once you have your custom template built out, Publish it!
STEP 2: Get the Elementor Template Shortcode
- Now that you have a template created, head back over to the Elementor > Templates screen.
- Find the template you just created and copy the shortcode that is on the right side of the screen.
STEP 3: Paste Shortcode into Recipe Template
- Now edit any recipe and past in this shortcode as the template, replacing everything that's there.
- Save JUST this recipe and view it to make sure it works.
- Now you can apply this template to all of your recipes by clicking Save as Default > Apply to All above the recipe editor.
Need to change your recipe template?
Now you can just go to Elementor > Templates and make changes to your recipe template using the drag & drop builder. Easy right?